Up in the Air, Depending on Prayer

Herein the author begins by first introducing himself; then describing the adventures encountered after writing a book for his children recounting his Vietnam exploits to the decision to make the whole thing available to the general public as an eBook. Future ramblings will hover (pun intended) around his experiences as a helicopter pilot, while extending out to whatever suits his fancy as time goes by.

Name:
Location: Abilene, Kansas, United States

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Slacker Returns

Uh oh, a long break between scribblings. Kaye and I made a fast and unplanned trip to Indiana to visit Eric, then down to Branson, MO for our 47th wedding anniversary, back to Kansas City, then home so I could fulfill a speaking engagement and attend the Gideons meeting. The next morning we dashed out the door to Wichita for some meetings there. Back home Saturday night. At any rate, that is my excuse.

Back to the story…I tried everything I could think of over the next few days, badgering David and Mark mercilessly to the point I feared that they would quit answering my increasingly anguished phone calls at odd hours of the day…

While all this was going on, Kaye heard about something called ‘Tell a Friend’—a program that allows visitors to recommend the site to their friends, usually in exchange for a ‘gift’ of some sort. Kaye’s friend mentioned a particular company that she had heard did good things.

I looked at their web page and decided to purchase from them. After paying for the product, and while in the throes mentioned above, I decided to use their demo to check out the ‘gift’. Imagine my surprise when the ‘gift’ turned out to be a very thinly disguised ad for their services!

I had naively assumed I would be able to supply my own ‘gift’, but now I wasn’t sure. What I was sure of was that I did not want to send people an ad for this company! I tried calling customer support with two questions: “Could I supply my own ‘gift’ or did I have to use theirs?” and, “Assuming I had to use theirs, could they give me assurances the ‘gift’ would not be an ad?”

The person I talked to either could not, or would not, answer my questions. Instead, I was advised I would have to wait a few days for an answer. I waited an entire week to get some ridiculous answer that was not even remotely related to what I had inquired about. Needless to say, I had entirely lost confidence in these people.

While I was waiting, I ran across another program which offered the same features (for the same price), but also offered the opportunity to run a contest along with the free ‘gift’. So, I spent another $97.00 to purchase Tell a Friend Pro, www.tafpro.com , from Paul Galloway.

If you are in the market for this type of program, this is the guy to see. He didn’t mind taking a hopeless novice like me and patiently walking me through the steps necessary to get set up.
I was so disgusted with the other company’s lack of assistance or anything even resembling customer support that I didn’t even bother asking for a refund because I did not want to have to jump through all the hoops they had set up.

More in a few days. Visit the site! www.vietnam-air-rescues.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home