Up in the Air, Depending on Prayer

Herein the author begins by first introducing himself; then describing the adventures encountered after writing a book for his children recounting his Vietnam exploits to the decision to make the whole thing available to the general public as an eBook. Future ramblings will hover (pun intended) around his experiences as a helicopter pilot, while extending out to whatever suits his fancy as time goes by.

Name:
Location: Abilene, Kansas, United States

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Slogging On

Apparently, some people, other than Kaye, are reading this. What a pleasant surprise! Please spread the word that http://www.vietnam-air-rescues.com/ exists and encourage others to buy the book.

As I told in my initial blog, I named this “Up in the Air, Depending on Prayer” after a title a former Pastor used when referring to my story. Things certainly are “up in the air” as I wait for the site to be discovered. I am resorting to a lot of prayer also as I know that getting to the point where people know you are there is a difficult trip. Patience, Dave, patience.

The ‘Tell a Friend’ recommendations are coming in. Kenny Richardson, my nephew, is the first to send them out, followed by Mark. Now, at last, others are hearing about the site. No sales yet, however.

Kaye thinks I should add the sound of helicopter rotors to the main page. I had vaguely thought about that some time ago, but have no idea how to do it. David says he will send a link by email to get that along with instructions on how to add it. He also thinks I could solve my button problem by placing them in an invisible table. I will have to give it a try.

I am almost caught up to real time in these musings. The columns are still jumping up and covering the title. What to do? Sometimes, they work OK, other times not. I try resizing them. That seems to help, but the problem continues. How embarrassing!

David suggests tables. (Actually, he has been suggesting tables all along) So—I give tables a try. Also, go from a 3 column to a 2 column format. Allows the pictures to be larger. Look much nicer. Another learning curve. The tables work superbly. Now the pictures don’t jump around anymore. They just don’t load. Worse yet, the failure to load is random. Sometimes a given picture will load, sometime it won’t.

Ugh! What to do? I replace three of them that seem to be the chief culprits. That does and does not fix the problem. I will try resizing them to a slightly smaller size. Hope that takes care of things.

Kaye finds the helicopter sounds (or is it David? I can’t remember.) I may or may not try them. Too many other problems to fix right now.

Three sales so far. Praise the Lord! Wish they were 300, though. I have decided the main page (although I like it) doesn’t convey the sales pitch I need to sell books, so I have junked it and replaced it with the Sample page. Work, work, work, redoing everything.

Don't seem to be getting many visits from the 'tell a friend' emails. Mark feels that is because I did not allow personal comments to be added. He thinks others will not open an email unless they recognize it as being from a known person. He is probably right. I have changed that.

One of Craig’s friends, who bought the book, says he sent in a comment. Haven’t seen it. By the by, I have renamed the Testimony page ‘What Others are Saying’. I like that better. Now, after some complaints about the missing original main page, I have decided to reinvent it and move the sample page back to sample status. Good grief! I am running around in circles!

Check back in a day or two for more of the travails of

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home